- Dr Kenny Peter Pang
- Ear, Nose & Throat Consultant
- MBBS MRCS(Edinburgh)(UK)
- Masters Medicine (ORL)
- Member, American Academy Sleep Medicine
- Editor, International Surgical Sleep Society
- Founder, ASEAN Sleep Surgical Society
- Member, Singapore Sleep Association
Inventor Pang's Expansion Pharyngoplasty (American Journal July 2007)
Dr Pang invented a new technique known as the Pang's Expansion Pharyngoplasty, for the treatment of snoring and sleep apnea. He conducted a Randomized Controlled Trial in Singapore and United States of America and found this surgery to be very effective.
"Dr Kenny Pang invents new surgery, Pang's Expansion Pharyngoplasty that is effective in treating snoring and sleep apnea" The Straits Times August 2007
ENT Specialist, Dr Kenny Pang
Dr Kenny Pang, an ENT specialist graduated in 1994 from the Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore. He attained his Fellowship exams from both the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh and Ireland in 1999 and 2002 respectively.
He also passed his Masters of Medicine (Otorhinolaryngology) in 2001. Dr Pang completed 6 years of ear, nose and throat surgical training, and was accredited as an ENT surgeon in 2004.
Dr Pang completed a year of sleep surgery and sleep medicine fellowship in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Georgia Sleep Centre, Medical College of Georgia, United States of America.
He is well trained ENT doctor in treating all forms of sleep disorders, including snoring, obstructive sleep apnoea, insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep walking, night terrors, bed wetting, and parasomnias.
Dr Pang is a fellow of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the American Surgical Modification Task Force. He has published over 25 articles in international peer-reviewed journals and written over 10 chapters in the various American textbooks. He has also been invited as a speaker in the various sleep surgery courses both regionally and in America.
He was the course director for Asia's first ever sleep surgery course in November 2006. He was the key investigator in a multi-centre trial investigating a new minimally invasive technique for the treatment of OSA. He has also introduced a new modified surgical technique in the treatment of snoring and sleep apnea.
Dr Pang pioneered the first minimally invasive tongue suture surgery in Asia. He is a reviewer for the prestigious ENT journal, the Laryngoscope, the Singapore Medical Journal and the Canadian Medical Journal.
In 1993, Dr Pang was awarded the Pathology Distinction and Margaret Ling Ming Yee Award. He was the first prize recipient of the Young ENT Investigator's Award at the Annual ENT Society Meeting in 2002.
In 2003, he received the Dr Lily Neo/People's Association Appreciation Award.
The following year, Dr Pang received the Ministry of Health, Overseas Specialty Training Program Award. He was under the HMDP, Sleep Surgery Fellowship, under the Mentorship of Professor D.J. Terris, Medical College Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, United States of America.
In May 2006, he was awarded the Service Excellence, Star Award, in Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
Modified Cantery Assisted Palate Surgery (Anterior Palatoplasty)
Also known as the Anterior Palatoplasty, Dr Pang invented this surgery for patients with snoring and sleep apnea. The results have been very impressive and successful.
Dr Pang introduced this technique into Asia in May 2004, he also travels all over the region teaching this technique.
Dr Pang was the Course Director of 3 major international courses held in Singapore in November 2006, March 2008 and Octber 2010.
- November 2006 - Dr Kenny Pang, Course Director. There were 136 ENT, Dental and Respiratory Doctors attended this successful course.
- March 2008 - Dr Kenny Pang, Course Director. There were 175 ENT, Dental and Respiratory Doctors attended from all over the world, including Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Australia, United Kingdom, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Brunei and America.
- October 2010 - Dr Kenny Pang, Course Director. There were 96 ENT, Dental and Respiratory Doctors attended this successful course.
- August 2013 - Dr Kenny Pang, Course Director. There were 87 ENT Doctors attended this successful course.
Founder, Asean Sleep Surgical Society
Dr Pang is the Founder and President of the ASEAN Sleep Surgical Society which is an interest group comprised of ENT/Dental/Respiratory and ENT Specialists from the Region & USA. www.ASEANSleepSurgicalSociety.com
Sleep Centre Director
Dr Kenny Pang is the Clinical Director of Asia Sleep Centre, located at 290 Orchard Road, Penthouse #18-04, Singapore. He attends to all forms of Sleep Disorders, ENT conditions, Head & Neck and Thyroid Disorders www.AsiaSleepCentre.com
- Dr Pang was a Clinical teacher in National University Hospital from 2003 - 2006, where he taught first year to fourth year Medical Students
- Dr Pang teaches ent doctors in his Mini-Fellowships available in his Sleep Centre for ENT/Dental/Respiratory specialists
- Dr Pang is the author of Singapore's "Handbook of ENT & Sleep Disorder"
- Dr Pang has written over 10 chapters from various American ENT / Sleep textbooks
- His new invention surgery (Pang's Expansion Pharyngoplasty) was on the front cover of the prestigious American Journal "Operative Techniques in ENT & Head/Neck Surgery" December 2006.
- Dr Pang has published over 29 research papers and clinical trials in the various International Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Dr Pang's second edition sleep book - "Sleep Matters"
- Dr Pang has recently published his Second Edition Sleep Matters, after the First Edition, Sleep Solutions were sold out.
- Dr Pang has published, as Chief Editor, an International Sleep Surgery Textbook for doctors and specialists titled "Advanced Surgical Techniques in Snoring & Obstructive Sleep Apnea